Project: YZ125 – Part 2
Hey everyone, its been a while since I posted about the 125 so I thought I’d give a little update.
Frame: I painted the frame and subframe myself and let’s just say I decided to have the professionals take care of that for me so it might actually hold up to being ridden. I decided to have it powder coated and it came out really well. The frame is a gloss white and I have to say it looks amazing.
I had the triple clamps and subframe done in a matte black and they look great too. I can’t wait to see what it will look like all put together.
Engine: The last time I posted I think the engine was just two case halve at that point and since then I have spent the majority of my time replacing every bearing and seal in the thing and getting it all put together. Right now, the bottom is done and I am waiting for my new Athena top end to arrive in the mail.
Once it is all sealed and I can let it sit without worrying that creatures are going to make it their new home, I’ll get it put into the frame. Once that happens It will finally start to take shape, I hope.
The next steps are to finish the engine and start getting things put back onto the frame. Swing arm, triple clamps, chain rollers, foot controls, and the ignition system are all ready and waiting to be installed.
After that, suspension needs to be rebuilt, wheels and tires need to be bought and put together, and plastics need to be installed with some fresh graphics. I’ll keep things updated here so check back to see what I’m up to.